France Ski Tours
There are some superb French ski resorts connected by the same ski area. Many of these resorts offer world-class skiing, but if you have the opportunity to visit multiple resorts and ski areas during a trip, you will have a truly unique travel experience.
For this reason, we have put together our fantastic and exclusive France ski tours. Ski tours in France are perfect for those who want to make the most of the French Alps. Travellers visiting France from further afield can maximise their French alpine experience in a unique way.
Our France ski tours are multi-day ski trips that take you to several of the best French ski resorts. Often ski tours involve getting to each resort under your own steam using touring equipment. But, these tours are very weather dependant and arduous work.
Therefore, our ski tours are very different, as we take care of transport between the resorts with private luxury coaches and helicopter flights. This way, you get to enjoy high-end hotels, incredible food, and world-class skiing without hiking across the French Alps.
2 Travel Options:
If you are a keen skier and are up for new experiences, one of our France ski tours is the perfect opportunity for you. You can discover the French Alps in comfort and luxury, with impeccable service. These exclusive packages involve no hiking, no skinning up a mountain – just skiing, with gorgeous accommodation and fantastic food and drink every night. All of this is available to you in the magnificent French Alps.
There is nowhere else in the world can you access such a variety of skiing terrain covering so much ground for a truly unique experience you’ll never forget!
Our France ski tours have been carefully designed to include the most iconic and best French ski resorts. Have you ever dreamed of skiing in the shadow of Mont Blanc or experiencing ski resorts with legendary status? During our tours, you get to ski in Chamonix, Megève, Méribel and Val D’Isère. All these resorts have their own unique qualities and characters, giving you a broad sense of French Alpine culture.
When skiing in the resorts, you have a combination of guided and self-guided days. A local private guide will take you to all the best places on guided days to ensure you get the most out of your time on the slopes. Your guide and lift pass for each resort are included in the package price. On non-guided days, you are free to explore the ski areas at your own pace. This way, you can find your own routes and ski as much or as little as you like.
We offer 3 different French Alps Discovery Experiences, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
No matter which one you choose, these tours are unique and exclusive to Top Snow Travel guests.
Our France ski tour packages include the best luxury hotels in each resort. All of these hotels have excellent reputations, and we have handpicked them for their superb service, style, and facilities. Each hotel has a bar for sipping après drinks while chatting about your day on the mountain. In addition to this, their stunning spas are lovely areas to soothe aching legs and unwind before dinner in the hotel restaurant.
The locations of the hotels are very central, so you are close to the action, nightlife and resort amenities. In addition, the hotel’s central locations make it easy for you to get to the slopes each morning. Therefore, you will be able to make the most of the early morning groomed pistes and powder-coated terrain each day.
Transport to Each Resort
We have taken care of all the logistics to get you and your luggage between each resort. The silver and gold packages include luxury coach transfers and a helicopter flight to Val’D’Isere. However, if you opt for our Platinum experience, your transport between the resorts is entirely via helicopter. Flying to each resort will make your experience even more special as you take in the alpine views. With all our experiences, our guests have a complimentary scenic helicopter flight over the 3 Valleys. During this flight, you will see the landscape from a unique perspective.
While you are on one of our France ski tour experiences, breakfast and evening meals are taken care of and included. In addition, there will be some days where we will take you to exceptional mountain restaurants, handpicked for you. These culinary experiences are included with your holiday. For lunch, on other days we will help you book some excellent mountain restaurants. So being hungry and worrying about where your next meal is coming from will not be an issue for you.
The high altitude traditional village of Val d’Isère is a world class ski resort and one of the best in France
An Overview of our French Alps Discovery Experiences
- Our French Alps Discovery experiences take in 4 fantastic French ski resorts over 19 days. You will be looked after in total luxury as you visit some of the most iconic and charming ski resorts France has to offer.
- With each experience, you will start in Chamonix, the birthplace of modern skiing. Here, you will arrive at your fabulous hotel, where you will meet your fellow guests at the welcome dinner. Then, over the following 2 days, your local guide will take you to the pistes of Les Houches and Brévent-Flégère.
- On day 4, you will be able to tick off something that should be on every skier’s bucket list. The Vallee Blanche is the world’s longest off-piste run, accessed by the Aiguille du Midi cable car at 3,842m. From here, you will ski with your guide, surrounded by glacial ice flows and stunning scenery, overlooked by Mont Blanc. After a good snowfall, you can ski powder all the way to the Refuge du Montenvers for lunch.
- On the 5th day, you will experience a totally different style of ski resort than Chamonix. We will take you to the charming mountain village of Megève. After checking in to the hotel, you will get to wander around boutique shops and quaint bars lining its historic cobbled streets. This is a good opportunity to take it easy before 3 days of exploring all of the local ski areas.
- On the 9th day, you will arrive in Méribel, located in the world’s largest ski area, the 3 Valleys. Here, you will check in at another stunning Hotel for 5 nights, with the afternoon free to have a look around Méribel.
- Due to the vastness of the 3 Valleys, it would be impossible to find the best places to ski in 5 days. Therefore, on your first ski day on Méribel, you will meet your guide, who will show you the best pistes and views of the 3 Valleys.
- To enhance your time in Méribel, you even get to see the 3 Valleys from the air during your complimentary scenic helicopter flight. Although, if you opt for the gold package, you will have already arrived from Chamonix via helicopter.
- From Meribel, you will move on to possibly the most famous ski resort in the world, Val D’Isere. You will spend 5 nights in Val D’Isere, where you can see how it has rightfully earned its legendary status.
- Your first day in Val D’Isere is guided, where you will be shown the best pistes in the Val D’Isere-Tignes ski area. This is another huge ski area that is very picturesque, with some iconic pistes, such as the Face de Bellevarde.
- During the rest of your stay in Val D’Isere, you can explore the ski area unguided, so you can enjoy its pistes at your leisure. But you will definitely want to sample local specialities in the mountain restaurants. Val D’Isere’s reputation of being a party town is justified. So you may want to experience some of the resorts après and nightspots.
- But go easy on the après cocktails, so you are fresh for your last day. This is when you get another superb experience. The fantastic off-piste route to Bonneval sur Arc is a stunning 1500m descent into the gorgeous traditional French village of Bonneval. From here, we fly you in comfort and style back to Val D’Isere via a private helicopter. But your holiday experience doesn’t end here.
- For your final evening, we will drive you to the hamlet of Le Fornet in Val d’Isère. La Fornet is home to the fabulous 2 Michelin star restaurant, Atelier d’Edmond. Here, you will dine in style while enjoying the “Imagination” menu—this gourmet 5-course evening meal is a gastronomic delight complemented with carefully selected wines.
Book Your France Ski Tour
These unique experiences offer the best ways to see the French Alps in winter. You will eat the best food, stay in the best hotels and travel in luxury. But, you will also enjoy some of the best skiing in the world, in historic resorts.
Contact us now, and one of our France ski holiday experts will answer any questions you may have.